Other Vinos w/flavor pack and bulk aging...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
I'm curious for those that make vinos that include a flavor pack meant to be added post fermentation - such as RJS Orchard Breezin' line-up, FWK Blackberry/Strawberry/Blueberry etc -- AND you bulk age the vino:

Do you add the flavor pack Pre or Post bulk aging? (and are there any pluses/minuses to either approach?)

To date I've only made the RJS Orchard Breezin Blackberry Blast and added the flavor pack Pre bulk aging -- which was for 3months. It Turned out Excellent!

Cheers!

I’ve not done any of these, but it would seem that bulk aging is to allow the flavors to blend and develop. Adding the pack as early as possible seems to make the most sense.

Do you add the flavor pack Pre or Post bulk aging? (and are there any pluses/minuses to either approach?)
YES 😂😂😂 I add 1/2 the F pack before fermentation and the other 1/2 pre aging.

Depends on my goal, and threre are essentially three approaches. If I am making a lower-alcohol wine, like an Island Mist kit as a sangria base that will receive other alcohol in the pitcher, I add it after fermentation and stabilizing as flavoring and sweetness. Or 1/2 and 1/2 can work. If I want something with a higher alcohol content I'll do the whole thing during fermentation. With desert wine kits, I add brandy after so use the whole pack after.

Latest posts

Back