Other Vino Superiore Frozen Must

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamsterjohn

Reaction score
Today I started my Vino Superiore Frozen Must Cabernet Sauvignon. My question is, should I use an airlock now on my primary bucket, or treat this just like a wine kit and let the lid just rest on top for the first few days.

Teamsterjohn said:
Today I started my Vino Superiore Frozen Must Cabernet Sauvignon. My question is, should I use an airlock now on my primary bucket, or treat this just like a wine kit and let the lid just rest on top for the first few days.

Hi John,

I just saw this post as was wondering If you need any other help. I have fermented the Vino Superiore grapes before and am getting ready to do it again this spring.

Thanks, but I think im ok. Monday I racked it and added some oak cubes. The only thing I can think of is about malolactic fermentation. Im almost 3 weeks into it now. Im guessing another 5 weeks?

A rule of thumb for MLF is 4-6 weeks at the right temps. The best way to check though is to perform paper chromatography.. It is a very cheap kit you can buy from just about anyone and it takes 10 mins to set up.

My wine turned out amazing from those grapes. I used those same cab grapes that you are using.

I will have to get some of that chrom paper. Thanks again, hope mine turns out great lke yours did.

Latest posts

Back