Other Vino Europa (by PakLab)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
w_j_f

I haven't made these kits, but they have been discussed on Winepress in the past.

These seem to be basic cheap kits, thin in body, and taste, and perhaps colour. Some folks like them, others don't. At least one person liked one variety but not the other.

Most of the people that like them, add bananas and/or raisins.

Good luck, hope you enjoy.

Steve

So you think it might be good to drink while my better kits are aging? :b

Yes, you can drink this while your better kits are aging. Personally I would have bought a better kit to make while my even better kits are aging. But they would not be as cheap.

Steve

Vino Europa kits

I bought the same kit double kit from Costco and I thought it turned out really well.....but then it's the first time I've made wine....I just followed the instructions...I've tasted some bad homemade wine so I was pleasantly surprised.

Costco Kits/ PakLab

Haven't liked them at all; agree with a previous post, if you need to make a wine to consume now while others are aging, get a lower end kit from a different supplier.

I made them a long time ago and did some of them to 19 liters instead of the full 23 liters and that seemed to help. Also if you age them for a year ( I did by accident) they improve quite a bit, but this defeats the purpose of an early drinker. I've since progressed to the better kits and once you do that it's really hard to go back!

I have bought 1 and used the Juice in it to add and top off other wines. It is cheap enough forn that and worked

I also bought the double pack. Thought I couldn't go wrong it was so cheap. I threw out the Merlot :sh It was very thin and weak in all aspects. I made the Cab and added 2 lbs raisins to try to add body. Still looks pretty thin but it did add a "little" body. I am only using it for wine punches as I can't drink it as a wine. Everyone has different tastes and I am just not a fan of light wine. You may enjoy it.

I have a Europa Wine Kit (Exotic Fruit Collection-Green Apple Reisling) All that was in the box were 2 bags, 1 with "Green Apple", the other with "To Ferment"-both about 1/2-2/3 the amount usually in the juice bag. Reading the box, it appears that there are no other ingredients and that all that is required are these two bags, but there are no instructions so I need help!

look at this link: http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f84/experiment-paklab-italiano-kit-33990/

I started a amore divino cab/merlot on 10/26
added:
46 oz alexander burgandy blend
1 lb rasins
2 kg recycled frozen skins
sg @ 1.100
used the tuscan oak cubes from midwest for a month or so.

Turned out quite nice. Its clearing now.(FINALLY) It seems better than some of the $100+ kits I've done.

I, admittedly, have never done a paklab kit per the directions. There has to be some tweaking to get them to a decent daily wine.

The best kit value out there still is the RJS Super Tuscan, (IMO) I'm on #3 in 1 yr.

Last edited:
You can go to other wine kit sites to get basic instructions; I suspect the larger bag is the basic juice - the reisling - I'd add water to bring it to 19 liters; add the yeast and benntonite; ferment for 7 days; move to carboy (I have a 19 liter carboy I use for these fruity wines, but it's ok to put in 23 L carboy and not top up - still fermenting and carbon dioxide created to keep wine from oxidizing); continue ferment and clearing for 2 weeks; then do the clearing step with the required preservatives (buy if didn't come with kit) and add the green apple pak; move to the 23 L carboy and top up if necessary and let clear for a week or two. Should be ok! Anni

I have a Europa Wine Kit (Exotic Fruit Collection-Green Apple Reisling) All that was in the box were 2 bags, 1 with "Green Apple", the other with "To Ferment"-both about 1/2-2/3 the amount usually in the juice bag. Reading the box, it appears that there are no other ingredients and that all that is required are these two bags, but there are no instructions so I need help!
In addition to those two bags, the instructions will probably recommend bentonite, yeast, potassium metabisulphite, potassium sorbate, and a clearing agent of some form.

Sorry, but I have no idea where the instructions might be found.

You could try following another company's instructions, eg Nuiagara Mist.
http://www.vinecowine.com/userdocs/NiagaraMist-kitinstructions.pdf

Steve

Latest posts

Back