Vinmetrica so2 tester

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maheesh

Reaction score
Ijust can't bring myself to believe this meter, it shows my ppm at 4 just a week after I added 18 ppm...and I have no way to check its accuracy....does anyone else use this?

What was your S02 before adding he 18 ppm. Did you rack after add the 18ppm of meta and how long ago was it? Was it in powder form and tablet. How did you add the meta? The vinemetrica is usually right on when I test it.

What I am trying to get at with all my questions is that with the little bit you added most of it probably got bound up. Again I am a believer in the Vinmetrica and it's results.

I have the Vinmetrica 300 & believe its results are accurate. Is your sulfite source fresh? I find that using the plastic syringe is difficult to precisely measure the amount of titrant used. It's also difficult to dispense one drop at a time, which gets critical as you reach the end point. A burette would probably make that measurement more accurate.

I have not used their customer service but I hear it is excellent. They may suggest you test yours against a solution of known SO2 level.

NS

Latest posts

Back