Vinmetrica Horrible Service

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbeck

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you a heads up. I tried to place an order from vinmetrica.com last Friday for an SC-300 Pro Kit to the tune of $515 because I needed it here before this weekend. Their web site jacked up the order and it looked like it had been ordered twice. No, it wasn't me....I could write their online order system software so I'm not a typical user.

So I called Friday and found besides the snafu on the order they had a problem with my credit card. I called back Monday morning as soon as they opened and we got the card issue resolved and I was told that the order would go out Monday.

I didn't receive a UPS tracking number. I email them and get a confirmation receipt back that they read my email at 11:15 am this morning. It's now almost 5 hours later and I hadn't heard from them. So I call and it happens to be the owner on the phone. He checks and tells me the order hasn't shipped and won't ship until Wednesday. I'm not happy, but all is not lost. So I ask him to ship it overnight at their expense. Flat out refuses to do so.

Yes I know the web site says 3 - 5 days for shipping but when I'm told by the person taking my money that it will go out Monday it should go out Monday.

Moral of the story...they MAY have a good product but the company is horribly run and service is bad. The web site still has a 2015 copyright date on it so it looks to me like they don't put much effort into their business and customer service isn't a priority.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. My past experience has been just the opposite. They have been very receptive to helping me with any issues. Maybe something has changed or they are going through some personal change.

Dan,

Thanks. I'm supposed to call and talk to Taylor today and maybe Taylor will do the right thing.

We have 2,000 grape vines and we need to check the PH to determine when to harvest.

So you know the conclusion of the story, Rich the owner did refuse to cover the cost of expedited shipping which would have made up for the fact that they didn't ship it originally on Monday as promised. Everyone makes mistakes and its how you respond to a mistake that sets one company apart from another. Clearly customer service and customer satisfaction isn't a priority.

Sorry to hear that. I ordered mine from morewinemaking.com and it went off without a hitch.

DC,

Next time I'll do that. The vinmetrica web site has all kinds of issues. Button text not vertically centered and half chopped off, etc. It certainly looks like Internet sales is not their core business.

Latest posts

Back