Vineyard Sprayer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapeman

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been making a custom vineyard sprayer for a friend of mine near Saratoga NY this week. This is a trailer model of the basic vineyard sprayers I have made the last few years. One of the boys did the welding this time and he is very good at it. We have been told we should make these to sell. LOL. That's what we have done with the last few. Thought some of you guys might like seeing what we make.

Just a few shots for now.

101_6911.jpg

101_6912.jpg

101_6913.jpg

101_6914.jpg

101_6916.jpg

101_6917.jpg

101_6918.jpg

That is a 4 roller Hypro pump on the front. It is made for a tractor pto. We could put a small gas engine on it to do the same thing. The others we made were tractor 3 point hitch models.

Way cool. I love to weld. Made a thumb for my backhoe and now I am on to forks! I bought a little 15 gallon sprayer for the back of the ATV because that is all I need for 30 vines. Nice work!

Looks great! I agree it could be marketable, what does he spray that he wanted it for?

The one above the guy picked up today is for about 5 acres of wine grapes. They are mostly Marquette and LaCrescent. The guy has been using a small spot sprayer from Tractor Supply while the vines were young. He decided to step up to a full sprayer and wanted a tow behind model.

Here is one of a 3-point hitch design we have made a few of. The booms are adjustable for width and the nozzles can be adapted to different training systems.

20090709_040423_100_5167_Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I bought a tow behind last year from Tractor Supply for my lawn and spratying for Japanese Beetles in our tress and flowers. Would have loved a small one from you.

Nice job my friend, if you want to put something together to try and push some on here we can do that!

looks great Rich...by the way a note to Wade...the forum looks just great...outstanding job!

Thanks Al, thats all Txbrew though but Im sure he'll be glad to hear that!

I'm sorry Gordenker we have only made a few of these and are currently too busy to fabricate any now. It would likely be too expensive to ship to CA also.

Rich,
My short foray into vineyards on the 1 acre vineyard we took over took me through a back pack sprayer, an atv mounted sprayer and I still need to improve the time spent spraying.
I have a small trailer, a 50 gal tank and a 3000 psi pressure washer. Do you or anyone else for that matter think that this combo will work. I would like to take the gas powered pressure washer and use it to power a system similar to what you have pictured. I am thinking 3 or 4 fan nozzles on each side would take care of it. My thinking says 8 nozzles will provide approx 350 psi. would that give me enough to get into the canopy? If to much it could be regulated down.
Scott

I would be afraid of using a high pressure washer pump. That is way too much pressure and would shred the vines. You can get a 6 roller hypro pump for about $150 from a Tractor Supply or similar outlet. You only need about 60 psi for adequate coverage and penetration.

still making these

The one above the guy picked up today is for about 5 acres of wine grapes. They are mostly Marquette and LaCrescent. The guy has been using a small spot sprayer from Tractor Supply while the vines were young. He decided to step up to a full sprayer and wanted a tow behind model.

Here is one of a 3-point hitch design we have made a few of. The booms are adjustable for width and the nozzles can be adapted to different training systems.

20090709_040423_100_5167_Medium.jpg

Are you still making these? It looks perfect for my little vineyard.

Sorry, I do not have the time to make any of these right now. I now have a commercial vineyard and winery and am being treated for cancer so my time is at a premium.

Sorry, I do not have the time to make any of these right now. I now have a commercial vineyard and winery and am being treated for cancer so my time is at a premium.

I wish you the very best with your treatment!

So If I'm following the plumbing correctly you have a tank => suction filter => pump => boom selector => booms. How is the pressure regulated? Is there tank agitation? I'm considering converting some of my corn/soybeans to a small vineyard, but don't know if I can justify the cost of an airblast sprayer. I've been considering building a spray rig similar to this that I could pull behind a gator.

Latest posts

Back