Vineco wine kits no top up.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuziwk

Reaction score
I bought a atmosphere kit by vineco which is a 6 week kit. They mentioned that i should not top up the must/wine at any step which is the first kit that says not to top up that ive seen. If i do bottle within 6 weeks should i follow the instructions and not top up?

I bought a atmosphere kit by vineco which is a 6 week kit. They mentioned that i should not top up the must/wine at any step which is the first kit that says not to top up that ive seen. If i do bottle within 6 weeks should i follow the instructions and not top up?

If you follow the instructions and bottle in six weeks, then yes, you do not have to top up, as the newly added sulfite coupled with short exposure to the airspace are not terribly risky. And then there's the but....... But, most likely, your wine will most likely continue to drop sediment in bottles, which is why a lot of folks bulk age for longer than the kit recommendations. Once you've allowed the wine to age in bulk a bit, and all of the sediment has dropped out, you can bottle, six months or so for a kit with no skins is probably sufficient. The additional bulk aging time with airspace puts your wine at some risk, so topping up should be considered if you intend to go beyond the 6 week point.

Back