Vineco Vineco 2010-2011 Limited Edition kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpfan

Reaction score
The Ken Ridge Showcase limited edition kits were announced in a retailer newsletter that I received today. They aren't on the Vineco site at the moment, but here's a brief summary of each.

Dec 2010 - Australia (Waikerie Area, Riverland Region) Mourvèdre - 15%, Full Body

Jan 2011 - Australia (Overland Vineyards, Riverland Region) Chardonnay - Riesling - Gewürztraminer - 12%, Medium Body, Sugar Code 1

Feb 2011 - Spanish (Manchuela Region) Garnacha - 12.5%, Medium to Full Body

Mar 2011 - Oregon (Rivercrest Vineyard, Columbia Valley) Pinot Noir - 13%, Light to Medium Body

Steve

The Mourvèdre sounds very interesting. Has anyone tried this kit? Perhaps one like it from previous years as it was just released last month.

It is on sale at my LHBS starting on Saturday and I am thinking of picking one up but I wanted to ask for opinions here first. I guess I should say that my preference is for full bodied dry red wines.

D

I haven't made it yet, but it's sitting in my basement calling out to me now. I went to the Vineco tasting night in my town when the limiteds were going to be released, and they brought a similar wine for us to try. Very big and very dry. The guy called it this year's "big daddy". I look forward to making it!

They had a night? I guess I missed that.

That does make the wine sound even more interesting. It will be hard to avoid picking one up as they are on sale at The Wine Warehouse for $120 for the next two weeks.

David

I haven't made it yet, but it's sitting in my basement calling out to me now. I went to the Vineco tasting night in my town when the limiteds were going to be released, and they brought a similar wine for us to try. Very big and very dry. The guy called it this year's "big daddy". I look forward to making it!

Latest posts

Back