Vinbrite Filter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basilhaydens

Reaction score
Hello all. Who here uses the vinbrite pad filter? I have one and would like to use it on a batch after it clears from the super kleer. Which filter pad works the best?

I haven't used mine in sometime but just to be sure - It's great for "Polishing" a wine but they aren't designed to clear a wine of any residual haze. I've acually had better luck just aging my wine an extra 3-6 months than I have with any of the Vinbrite filters. Still have it but it's just a bit too much trouble for me for the return I see on the effort.
Sorry, I probably sound like Oscar the Grouch but really when I look back I can't honestly say its been worth trouble to use.I'll probably keep it and use it once in a great while but typcially my wines either clear completely with minimal intervention, or they are so stubborn they defy all efforts to clear the haze. Most commonly for me Peach is the biggest headache.
Not suggesting you not use it but don't expect to see big differences. A hazy wine is likely to remain hazy even after using the best Vinbrite filter.

Latest posts

Back