Very new to wine making, New York

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrystewart

Junior
Reaction score
For the past few years, I have had an abundance of kiwi's. Finally, I decided to try my hands at making wine out of them, instead of leaving them in the refirgerator to rot. Just bought the equiptment i needed from a local wine making supply store, and just waiting for the kiwi's to ripen. Im sure ill be filled with many questions along the way. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

Larry

kiwi

'allo mite!

I'd actually like to plant some kiwi here in SW GA, know they grow here well, could use some hints on where to get plants, how to culture them, etc.

Bill (not a kiwi)

kiwi's

got mine at walmart for about $20 each ( got male and female plant). came in about 3 - 5 gallon pot. planted them about 10 feet from each other, not knowing what to expect. The tag did say takes abou 3 or 4 years to produce,
After getting nothing, i was just about to cut them down when i got 2 kiwis. Gave the plants another year , and got 8, then 25, last year 217, and this year, they are still on the vine, but im guessing in the 300 - 500 range. Take up way too much room in the fridge, and how many kiwi's can i eat ?? Hence, im trying my hands at wine making to put them to work for me .

larry

Latest posts

Back