RJ Spagnols Very Black Cherry - Orchard Breezin'

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ithink2020

Reaction score
WOW!

This is going to be good! We started the kit about 3 weeks ago. It was in the primary for 2 weeks and has been in the secondary, clearing for about a week. We just stole a small taste test and it is already better than the store-bought fruity "foot" wines we've been getting.

I'll have to report back in a couple of weeks at bottling time. However, I'm VERY happy how this is turning out!

Has anyone else made this kit? What are your thoughts?

I see others have added sugar to up the alcohol to about 10%. As is, I can see this being very drinkable at bottling time. If you up the alcohol, does it need to age a bit?

I have made VBC several times. It’s the wife’s favorite. I add 4 lbs of sugar and 1/2 the F-pack to the primary. It‘s about 10.5% cal. And yes you can drink it straight out of the carboy...lol
:ib

I've only made one flavor of Orchard Breezin' kits (the Tropical Lime) and the second batch of that only because it was requested by a friend. I find it so overly sweet that the second time I only added half the f-pack at the end. I did boost the alcohol with extra sugar and juice concentrate at the beginning. I've still got a few on the shelf that are now 2 years old...maybe I should open one and see I like it better aged. Anyway, because I wasn't happy with that flavor, I've hesitated trying another and now stick with Island Mist. After your comments though, maybe I'll give the cherry a try 😊

I have made both and I think Orchard Breezin is a little better. Just my personal taste. My all time favorite kit was Eclipse Pinot Noir and have no idea what I’ll make going forward.

Latest posts

Back