Ventilation suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gckcmc

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

I didn’t see a construction section so hopefully the general one will be ok.

My family installed a Breezaire wk1060 thru-wall chiller with the cellar being a closet and the exhaust venting into the bedroom.

It’s been working well but the bedroom is really getting warm during the summer. We live in phoenix and it gets hot here for sure.

Given the chiller has to work with a <30 degree differential, I’m scratching my head on how to help.

Any ideas on how to take the exhaust and redirect VS just letting it go into the room and pray for the AC to cool down the bedroom?

This application is taking heat out of a closet and putting it (plus the heat the unit generates) into the bedroom. What’s the size of the closet vs the bedroom? If it’s not a big bedroom then this likely wasn’t a good scenario to begin with so there might not be much you can do.

I have a similar setup for my closet cellar but the exhaust is to my open basement so the added heat is negligible.

If anything, you might set the thermostat on the high end (~65) to reduce the amount of heat being pumped into the bedroom. I presume everything is insulated very well? I used rigid foam board with spray foam in the gaps in all walls and the ceiling. AC only runs for a minute or two every few hours in the peak of summer (~90 outside).

Last edited:
Back