VCT leveling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distancerunner

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the level in the tank!

The floor in the cellar is not level where we are placing a 500L tank. We could shim it up, but it’s over an inch of fall from the wall to the front of the tank. I have not tested (filled the tank with water and applied the lid) whether the lid will tilt on the surface and seal correctly over the surface of the water.

Has anyone dealt with this problem? If you have, what conclusions and solutions have you come up with?

I have a wooden platform that my tanks sit on (600L) (not that I have them full). You could build the platform one inch higher in the front and the tank would sit flat. I don't know if the shim could cause the tank to bow when full.

I agree with @sour_grapes and @VinesnBines. You could build a plat form with tapered 2x material and cover with plywood. The easy way would be a 2x6 or whatever works spanning the front legs.

Me? I would likely hit the hardware store or where ever you can find a good selection of pavers. I would either lift all four feet with different sized pavers or hopefully just find something that levels the drop from back to front.

No rot, no settling, etc. and tons to choose from to get it nice and level.

1674243738747.png1674243785095.png

Back