VCSS tank question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks,

I have several variable capacity stainless steel tanks. One of the things I always wanted is to add some sort of couple to the ball valve spigot that allows connection to a hose.

Has anyone ever done this? If so, any recommendations on what hardware to get?

I haven't ever had one of those ball valve connectors since my tanks come with the TC connectors but there are all sorts of connections available. GW Kent offers a lot of options and I am sure others do also. If you wanted to go from the ball valve to a TC (tri-clover) connection here is an example of one they have. http://www.gwkent.com/male-adaptor.html

All of my fittings are TC except for the stainless vat which has non-sanitary standard pipe threads. Is the tank from Italy or Germany? Italy has their own type of sanitary fittings similar to TC. There are also a couple of different types of threaded connections, and thread standards, depending on the country of origin. Maybe a picture of where you would like to connect would help.

Latest posts

Back