Vancouver Islander here to drink and be merry!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Hunwick

Aspiring Somm
Reaction score
Hello all!

I don't want to do a whole infodump on myself when most of my info is in my profile, but long story short, I'm a young kit winemaker working in British Columbia looking to expand on my skills and hone the craft. I've made a few hundred kits through work so far and I'm really wanting to find out more of the "why" and "how" now, so I look forward to conversing and getting along with all of you!

Cheers,
Jon

(Any tips for taking my first WSET course are also appreciated.)

Welcome Jon.

Getting the sommelier qualification looks like an enviable accomplishment that could open many doors for you. I have seen sommelier job openings posted by successful companies in incredible vacation spots around the world. It seems a perfect compliment to wine making, in addition to a profession.

Thanks all!

Yes the travel opportunities definitely seem quite lucrative! Might as well go where the passion points me ^^

I'm afraid our little wine making store is a bit far away from Oregon, meadmaker1, but if you ever come up here, there are plenty of wine kit making stores all over the towns! It was quite a popular small business model back late 90s. :)

(Not as many vineyards as beautiful Oregon though!)

Back