Vacuum Wine Corker - 5 Dollars

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score
I would like to thank our own member of Wine Making Talk - Rice_Guy for making this article on how to make a Vacuum Wine Corker for 5 DOLLARS ! It was in April /May issue of Wine maker Magazinevacuum.JPG

Attachments

• WineCorkerVacuum3pix (1).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
any thoughts on making this a kit for sale for construction by winemakers? most difficult part is the cone made to reduce the size of the cork.

any thoughts on making this a kit for sale for construction by winemakers? most difficult part is the cone made to reduce the size of the cork.

I hope to be getting one from Rice_Guy that came up with this invention. I then can tell you more in detail at that time

544ADE0F-480C-48DE-A788-81C8CED67941.jpeg
I hope to be getting one from Rice_Guy that came up with this invention. I then can tell you more in detail at that time
The next version of vacuum corking —- a floor model from a repurposed ikea table.
Steve, if I heard correctly you are the program at vintners Tuesday. See you then.

Yes we will be up in Madison WI on Tuesday giving a full demonstration of our complete product line. This is to fine tune our abilities for the upcoming winemakers conference in May

I bought a pneumatic corker someone converted from a Portuguese corked. He did a wonderful job for a prototype. The problem is unlike a standard floor corker that compresses the diameter of the cork before inserting it in the bottle this one also uses a cone. The problem I see is forcing it through the cone it also reduces the length of the cork. When and maybe if I get time I'll try to somehow reinstall the jaws. So right now I'm still using the Italian.

I'm curious about the necessary dimensions for the cone piece. I have the equipment necessary to manufacture them on a batch by batch basis as needed. PM me if you are interested @Rice_Guy

@jking The key dimension of the vacuum wine corking tool is ID of the target bottle. I have a lot of Bordeaux so schedule 80PVC 3/4 inch pipe matched. Height has about an inch of slop built in for changing bottle style. , , , think everything is in the Winemaker Magazine write up.
Out today, , don’t have access to the parts.

Latest posts

Back