Vacuum Wine Corker - 5 Dollars

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score
I would like to thank our own member of Wine Making Talk - Rice_Guy for making this article on how to make a Vacuum Wine Corker for 5 DOLLARS ! It was in April /May issue of Wine maker Magazinevacuum.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
any thoughts on making this a kit for sale for construction by winemakers? most difficult part is the cone made to reduce the size of the cork.

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score
any thoughts on making this a kit for sale for construction by winemakers? most difficult part is the cone made to reduce the size of the cork.
I hope to be getting one from Rice_Guy that came up with this invention. I then can tell you more in detail at that time

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
544ADE0F-480C-48DE-A788-81C8CED67941.jpeg
I hope to be getting one from Rice_Guy that came up with this invention. I then can tell you more in detail at that time
The next version of vacuum corking —- a floor model from a repurposed ikea table.
Steve, if I heard correctly you are the program at vintners Tuesday. See you then.

vacuumpumpman

Vendor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Yes we will be up in Madison WI on Tuesday giving a full demonstration of our complete product line. This is to fine tune our abilities for the upcoming winemakers conference in May

crabjoe

Reaction score
Any word on getting that cone? I love me some gadgets!

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a pneumatic corker someone converted from a Portuguese corked. He did a wonderful job for a prototype. The problem is unlike a standard floor corker that compresses the diameter of the cork before inserting it in the bottle this one also uses a cone. The problem I see is forcing it through the cone it also reduces the length of the cork. When and maybe if I get time I'll try to somehow reinstall the jaws. So right now I'm still using the Italian.

jking

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious about the necessary dimensions for the cone piece. I have the equipment necessary to manufacture them on a batch by batch basis as needed. PM me if you are interested @Rice_Guy

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
@jking The key dimension of the vacuum wine corking tool is ID of the target bottle. I have a lot of Bordeaux so schedule 80PVC 3/4 inch pipe matched. Height has about an inch of slop built in for changing bottle style. , , , think everything is in the Winemaker Magazine write up.
Out today, , don’t have access to the parts.

Latest posts

Group Builder