• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vacuum Pump Free

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker

Reaction score
Check the pics, It is old, it is dirty, it is very heavy, it pulls at least 25", and it is free. It generates a little smoke which someone said is the result of too much oil. The oil level is high. All you have to do is pick it up in Bellmawr, NJ. PM me. :b

101_0284.jpg

101_0285.jpg

101_0286.jpg

101_0287.jpg

101_0288.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Wade, it was given to me by a retired HVAC repain man. I think it was used to suck gas out of air conditioners. The biggest problem with it is that it is so heavy. I think it is one of those old machines that will last forever. :b

Those are used to drain the refridgerant out of the system. I could be wrong but I think Rodo hooked something like this up in his basement. Is that a dial gauge on the front and is it adjustable as far as vacuum.

Those are used to drain the refridgerant out of the system. I could be wrong but I think Rodo hooked something like this up in his basement. Is that a dial gauge on the front and is it adjustable as far as vacuum.
The window that you're looking at shows the oil level. :b

Yeah - it is used to suck the refrigerant out and into a canister when work is being performed - that way the refrigerant is not lost.

It looks like a 2 stage pump - which gives a really good low suction - not that degassing needs one that strong.

I have a Robinair pump - my dad at one was into alot HVAC stuff.

Sorry guys, you missed it, it is gone. I'm sorry about all you guys in line for the pump, but it just could stay here no longer. :b

I didnt want i just trying to pop the post in case someone else didnt see it and also was curious about what the pump was used for.

Latest posts

Back