Using wine smoothers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CptLimaBean

Are the wine smoothers worth using? My wine craft supplier has additives that reduce the aging time for new wines but I want to know if anyone has used these products. I would hate to ruin my wine by trying a shortcut that won't work.

I haven't used wine smoothers. I just don't see a need for them and prefer to let my wine age before drinking them. Sorry I can't be of help on this one.

Agreed with winemaker.

What's the problem with waiting a few months ???
We are wine makers not beer-brewers.

Besides that, it is a hobby, not a means of living.

Start a new batch in the mean time to keep you busy. :D

Luc

why not give it a try? There is room for a lifetime's worth of experimentation in this hobby.

Perhaps split a batch and try it on half, then compare the difference. It may just make a month old wine mellow like it's been aging for six months and it may make a year old wine taste like it's been aging for years...........then again it may be crap.

One way to find out. Have fun!

Agreed with winemaker.

We are wine makers not beer-brewers.
Luc

Hey! Some of us try both!!!:) :) :)

I don't even know what smoothers are, but i can't see adding something if you don't have to. My personal preferance is to keep it as natural as possible. But the suggestion of splitting a batch and trying it both ways might be interesting also.

I guess it depends on how experienced you are and what kind of wine you want to make. If you're just starting the wine making hobby, I would suggest learning the traditional method first and then experimenting later.

Latest posts

Back