Using a food processor for juicing grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
I have about 25 pounds of scuppernongs that I need to juice quickly. I don't want the skins to sit in it long at all. As you know, Scuppernongs have large seeds.

If I used a food processor and pulsed it just enough to break them up, will I get too much chopped seeds in your opinion. I have done that successfully with jelly.

I wouldn't us the good processor. Just put them in a bucket and smash them with a 2x4.

Yeah, I guess I could do that. I want to build me that "quirky press" in that thread. Maybe I will just do that.

Hello. Basically looking for someone who can answer a bunch of questions for a newbie and give whatever tips are possible as well as the most inexpensive way to acquire more chargers. I have so many questions I don't know where to start lol

Hello. Basically looking for someone who can answer a bunch of questions for a newbie and give whatever tips are possible as well as the most inexpensive way to acquire more chargers. I have so many questions I don't know where to start lol

You have come to the right place! Go ahead and ask a question. (I was not able to follow the "chargers" question, so I am not counting that! :) )

A food processor will mince the grapes, the skins, along with the seeds and not do a whole lot for juice extraction other than turning it all into a puree. GreginND's suggestion is good or if the bucket is big enough stomp them with your feet.

Latest posts

Back