Used Press/crusher advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was/am hesitant to suggest anything, given all the exacting advice you have gotten already, but I just used plain ol' plumber's grease from the Despot. If it is good enough for my drinking water (any taint in which I cannot detect), I figgered it was good enough for my press.

I was/am hesitant to suggest anything, given all the exacting advice you have gotten already, but I just used plain ol' plumber's grease from the Despot. If it is good enough for my drinking water (any taint in which I cannot detect), I figgered it was good enough for my press.

I hear ya. And I’m not the most anal in terms of “by the book”
But Like to learn me enough to confidently make my own calls.
And a steel basket with screw crank press wouldn’t concern me at all either. But a used wood press with a labyrinthine ratchet is new territory for me.

Shouldn't that be Greater Northeast Philly?
Actually, just "the Great Northeast."
I’m claiming jurisdiction on this one and will adjudicate for both of yous Pauls from Philly—since S. Philly is its own little world and Sour’s been out the ‘hood for decades.
Eff Wki! Executive decision. They’re both used and 100% interchangeable. And lest we forget the “far” NE as well. More newscaster terms than anything- and they say all 3. “Greater” being the most common I think.
We will however feel compelled to enlighten someone when “lower” northeast is omitted incorrectly. Ya know the deal. And always low’ER’. ....My verdict is final. (Sour feel free to cite this post as your reference instead of Wiki in any future disputes) :)

It's all good... Names and boundaries are fluid here. Remember East River Drive is Kelly drive and Delaware ave is Columbus blvd. My neighborhood is Graduate Hospital, Naval Square, South of South, Fitler square, Devil's Pocket, etc , etc

While your contemn is appreciated I second Ajmassa5983's claim to jurisdiction on the subject which makes it a quorum. But then again I did rack a tempranillo and tasted and don't know what I'm talking about tonight.

Sorry. Seeing “I stand corrected” said to Mr Grapes yet another time just grinds my gears. Lol. Jumped at a rare opportunity. Like a jail movie and picking a fight with toughest guy in the yard.
But he’s a tough sonofabitch and quick to end the child’s play, usually leaving ya googling definitions of words you’ve never seen before.

Back