Other Ur fav Young Reds

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
Curious what folks favorite Young Red vinos are? How long do you tend to age em bulk/bottle? Any tips/tricks to share?

Cheers!

Here are 2 early red drinkers I did. Fontana Merlot and Wine Lovers 11.5% Med body kit. I followed guidance from "Tweaking Cheap Kits" thread. The Merlot I added a blackberry f-pac, shorted the water to 5 gallon instead of 6, and added 1 Cup French oak in primary. My notes say I liked this at just under 3 months.
The Wine Lovers Malbec also shorted to 5 gallons, added 1 Cup of Zante Currants, 1 T of tannins, and 1 Cup of French oak in primary.
Now at almost 1 year later, these are even more enjoyable. I know everyone's tastes are different, but this was my experience. Enjoy!

I used to get Bergamais (similar to Gamay used in Beaujolais)--ready to drink within 8 weeks. No longer available. Pinot Noir (no skins) is good young. I recently bought light-bodied Gamay from Wine Lovers, It's pretty good on bottling day, 8 weeks from start

Latest posts

Back