Unusual Occurence.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemanden

Reaction score
Thursday I transfered a 10 litre brew of Tropical Rhubarb to carboy, fitted the airlock and pushed it under the bench. Today I went into town with my CEO and popped a litre of apple juice in with the groceries with the intention of adding it as a sort of F-pack. When I went to top up my wine, I loosened the airlock and BANG. :e Luckily no harm done.
No sign of froth or gunge in the neck so I examined the airlock. It was blocked with rubber, I don't know how, maybe it had been imperfectly drilled. I had used the lock before and the rubber bung was soft, so I reckon when I pushed the lock into the carboy I must have somehow pushed down on the lock itself and forced a piece of rubber to block the hole.
Anyway I chucked the old bung and fitted a new one which is happily burping away. Another lesson learned, always check the bung-hole.

Regards to all, Winemanden. :h

LOL watch the last few words you used. It is a "family" group.. LOL

Tom, it's an innocent remark. No offence intended, If that's the way some people think then their families haven't brought them up properly. Honestly, some people's minds!

Have no fear that the wine [of my book] will fail, like happened at the wedding feast of Canna in Galilee. As much as I draw from the tap, I will replace in the bunghole. In this way the barrel will remain inexhaustible.
François Rabelais
François Rabelais (1494–1553), French author, evangelist. Third Book, prologue, p. 351, Pleiade edition (1995).

Dictionary definition.
bunghole - a hole in a barrel or cask; used to fill or empty it
hole - an opening deliberately made in or through something

Regards, Winemanden. :i

Winemanden I'm with you! I just don't understand that Tom with his mind in the gutter! LOL Some people were just brought up with the urban dictionary.

You can never tell what Tom will say after he has had a few slips of wine by the way can you post your recipe for that wine it sound good sounds like something I would like to try

WHO has a FEW sips of wine??

Remark was a "tongue in cheek one"

WHO has a FEW sips of wine??

Remark was a "tongue in cheek one"

LOL Careful Tom, this is a family forum. Some people might might be offended and wonder which cheek you're poking that tongue into.:p :< :sh It's all in the mind. LOL.

Defintion of LOL Loads of Love
****** LOL Land O' Lakes
****** Laugh(ing) Out Loud
****** LOL Lots Of Luck
****** LOL Loss of Life (insurance)
***** LOL Locks of Love (Lake Worth, Florida charity)
***** LOL List of Lists
***** LOL Lack of Love (game)
***** LOL Lowest of the Low
***** LOL Lady of the Lake
***** LOL Lots of Laughter
More than 88 definitions Tom, take your pick. NOI :i

Regards to all, Winemanden.

PS will post recipe later.

Latest posts

Back