Unplugged

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great, Craig. Hope you and yours are having a great week in spite of all the madness!

I have worked from a home office for the past twenty years. Life is not very different for me.

The folks (can't say guys, since one of the crew most certainly isn't a guy) putting up the deck told me they were required to ask if it was okay for them to work outside due to the pandemic. Of course, I said work away.

Just did that this past summer. One of the best investments on the house I made. Ripped an 800 sq ft wood deck off put a 1300 sq ft Trex deck on. We love it. Just remember they do get hot.

Got water for them in a cooler, they probably won't get real hot out there today, since the temp is only about 46F. We are going from 160 Sq Ft wood built with the house up to 300 sq ft Trex deck. Subdivision has rules about sizes (grumble, grumble). Wife and I can't wait for it to be ready for us.

Got water for them in a cooler, they probably won't get real hot out there today, since the temp is only about 46F. We are going from 160 Sq Ft wood built with the house up to 300 sq ft Trex deck. Subdivision has rules about sizes (grumble, grumble). Wife and I can't wait for it to be ready for us.

CM, I think he means the decking gets hot from the sun, much more so than wood. I don't have one but my neighbor does and they have to wear flip flops in the summer, no bare feet.

CM, I think he means the decking gets hot from the sun, much more so than wood. I don't have one but my neighbor does and they have to wear flip flops in the summer, no bare feet.

Lol...Im sorry I did not clarify that better. That is exactly what I meant. The composite will get much hotter then wood decking from the sun and you will indeed want flip flops or shoes when walking outside.

Lol...Im sorry I did not clarify that better. That is exactly what I meant. The composite will get much hotter then wood decking from the sun and you will indeed want flip flops or shoes when walking outside.
Doohhhh!!!! Off course that was what he meant. That's what I get for looking at this whole I am working and talking via webcam to the boss. Yes, we are aware this stuff gets somewhat hot. It might be less so than what we replaced, which was would, but we had put a coating on it that got hot, hot, hot.

Doohhhh!!!! Off course that was what he meant. That's what I get for looking at this whole I am working and talking via webcam to the boss. Yes, we are aware this stuff gets somewhat hot. It might be less so than what we replaced, which was would, but we had put a coating on it that got hot, hot, hot.

Trust me, composite is the way to go but I promise it gets hotter...lol. I learned the hard way. I do not regret our decision or the money we spent but it does get hot

Sitting in the spa and watching the world go mad basically.
Local shopping centers are selling out of everything, but weird stuff. Why panic buy tooth paste? Kitty Litter? Its a weird world we live in
About to go grape picking on the weekend (in my backyard, so its a short walk), so that should be fun!

View attachment 59361 View attachment 59362 Day two brings us to this stage. Now we wait for the inspector to come out and verify they did things more right than wrong. Might not get any work done outside the next two days, it is supposed to be raining both days.

How are you putting the boards down? Hidden clips or face screwing them? We used the hidden clips.

How are you putting the boards down? Hidden clips or face screwing them? We used the hidden clips.

I'm not doing any of the work. Knees won't let me do that stuff any longer. The workers are using the hidden clips. It is going to be very nice. Now, if that dang rain holds off.

I'm bored to death, last year we put major up grades in the house /Done.
Wine work is about completed for the season, the wine that's been sent to completion may not n be judged.
People who I've scheduled HVAC replacement work for are rescheduling for the fall.
Can't go on vacation, I'm bored

Latest posts

Back