United

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to catch a break like that passenger did, just once. Ca-CHING! He's rich.

Man the damage control today for United is off the charts not to mention the stock loss today!

I do not do twitter, but I saw these on G+

R8wMXS.jpg

or how about....

2017%2B-%2B1

Not so much anymore. With fewer and fewer carriers around plus all the $$$ they are making charging for checked bags, carry on bags, blankets heck one airline (Allegiant Air) actually charges you for a SEAT.... They are all making money these days.

Airline stocks always scare me. They continuously operate at a loss hah. Screw that!

Airline stocks always scare me. They continuously operate at a loss hah. Screw that!

Not so much anymore. With fewer and fewer carriers around plus all the $$$ they are making charging for checked bags, carry on bags, blankets heck one airline (Allegiant Air) actually charges you for a SEAT.... They are all making money these days.

Mike is right. Their profits are at near-record levels.

profits.png

Good point. I guess it's a fair trade to buy my own almonds in exchange for not having the smoking section of the plane separated from the non-smokers by a sign on the back of my seat. Ahhh, the good old days of flying.....

Probably half the crowd is reading this saying "what's he talking about" :)

Heck up until just a few years ago Southwest was still flying planes on some of the short hauls (SAT to DAL) that still had ashtrays in the seat arms and lavatories! They were glued shut but you knew you were on an old "bus" when you saw one of those. Those planes have all been retired thank heavens!

Probably half the crowd is reading this saying "what's he talking about" :)

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 9.25.44 AM.png

Interesting. I stopped watching years ago. The only one I used to keep up with was Southwest.

Last edited:
I typically fly 100k plus a year, and have for the past 10-15 years. All the airlines, perhaps short of the orient, don't give a crap about the passenger. United got much worse after the "merger" with Continental. With just under 1,000,000 miles on UA I have switched. Just remember, we did this to ourselves by going low price as Kimmel says. You do get what you vote for.

Back