Unimpressed with top line kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been adding tannin & glycerin to most of my kits

Also, I have 2 special order Mosti kits aging. Both took 3 years to finally come around, at 2 years one was barely drinkable and the 2nd was not. Some of the super premium kits really take a long time to mature, but patience can be rewarded.

...if you have the basics then all you need to do is try.

And I tried. With great results, in my opinion. For the weak and watery Pinot Grigio I started with 3 lbs of store bought white peaches and half a stick of vanilla, sauteed with 3 cups of water in a large pan for an hour, no sugar. I was left with about 3/4 cup after I strained it, When I added the flavoring to the wine in the carboy, which was clear at this point, it became cloudy again. I also added k-sorbate and 3g of FT Blanc. The wine settled and cleared in a couple of weeks and I racked it. It is really good now. It has a subtle white peach smell and taste, with just a hint of sweetness and vanilla, but the general flavor is unmistakably PG. Also the FT Blanc added more body to the wine. I think it is more of a "mist" type of wine now, but at least it is pleasant to drink and I've already been asked to make more...
Thanks again @tjgaul for sharing your f-pack recipes.

Latest posts

Back