Understanding Wine Recipes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbrown73

Clueless Winemaker
Reaction score
So, I've been browsing this site of recipes.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request.asp

It doesn't actually tell you the volume you're making most of the time and how exactly do you know so you can multiple accordingly? I figured I would look at the water usage, but that is inconsistent too. Some say add 5 pints while others will say 7 1/2 etc and it's pretty much all over the place.

My attempts would be either 3 or 6 gallons, but I have no idea how to figure out how much of each ingredients I would need.

Keller's recipes are 1 gallon unless otherwise noted. Multiply everything except the yeast.

Thank you.

So, on this Mango wine. What about the acid blend, pectic enzyme, and tannin. Those get say tripled for a 3 gallon batch too?

3-4 lbs fresh mango
1 lb 13 oz lbs finely granulated sugar
7-1/4 pts water
1-1/2 tsp acid blend
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1/4 tsp tannin
Montrachet or Champagne wine yeast

David, I'm going thru the same process as you are. I now have 63 cups of frozen Mango juice/pulp, approx 90 lbs of Mangos. All free. I'm also using J K 's recipe, But using 1 tsp Petic enzyme per gal, think that will help it clear better. May also add Bentinite. I am really kicking up the lbs of mangos, probably 8 lbs (5.5 cups) per gal. Should start first 6 dal batch this week. We should keep in touch, Roy

David, I'm going thru the same process as you are. I now have 63 cups of frozen Mango juice/pulp, approx 90 lbs of Mangos. All free. I'm also using J K 's recipe, But using 1 tsp Petic enzyme per gal, think that will help it clear better. May also add Bentinite. I am really kicking up the lbs of mangos, probably 8 lbs (5.5 cups) per gal. Should start first 6 dal batch this week. We should keep in touch, Roy

Definitely.

Currently, I have just put an Eclipse Lodi Cab/Sauv into the fermentor and two more Eclipse kits waiting. I'm not sure exactly when I will start this mango wine. I may start it next, I'm just not exactly sure yet. So I may be a bit behind you before I get it started.

Latest posts

Back