ummmm ....ya....HELP!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make a wine from natal plum fruit, which is very similar to cranberries in tartness, and color. So much so, that I substitute the fruit for cranberries in breads and desserts and you would not know the difference. My best outcomes are when I balance the 20 lbs of fruit with 1/3 - 1/4 bananas and follow a basic recipe for cranberry wine. It clears remarkably fast and is usually ready to bottle in 4-6 months. It is a beautiful red / pink color.

I have played around with sweetening and additional flavoring (on occasion I have experimented with flavorings/ extracts such as cherry / rasberry) although I like it a bit dryer, my best result was when I have fortified / sweetened it almost like a traditional Japanese Plum wine. I use white rum for the fortifying as it is readily available here.

The finished products is nicely paired with savory dishes and the color is festive at holidays. Also great as a spritzer with soda water.

The finished products is nicely paired with savory dishes and the color is festive at holidays. Also great as a spritzer with soda water.

This is exactly what i was thinking only with tonic water. I also tried it with Washington Riesling and that was very good. What about with Vodka!!!

Tonic sounds great!

I did made a cordial once with the plums and made cosmo martinis with it. The filtering process drove me crazy, so probably won't do that again ;)

Latest posts

Back