UC Davis Online Winemaking Certificate Program

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BI81

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm currently taking the intro course for the UC Davis online winemaking program and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the program and if you'd be willing to share your thoughts/experiences...was it worth the cost, did you learn anything that you didn't already gather from other resources, etc.

The intro course is extremely basic, as is expected for an introductory level course, but it's tough to determine if the remaining curriculum will be more in depth, or if it will be on par with the intro. The program is fairly expensive ($8,800 for the 5 course certificate program), however if it's going to make me a better winemaker I'm ok with the cost.

Hi All, I'm currently taking the intro course for the UC Davis online winemaking program and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the program and if you'd be willing to share your thoughts/experiences...was it worth the cost, did you learn anything that you didn't already gather from other resources, etc.

The intro course is extremely basic, as is expected for an introductory level course, but it's tough to determine if the remaining curriculum will be more in depth, or if it will be on par with the intro. The program is fairly expensive ($8,800 for the 5 course certificate program), however if it's going to make me a better winemaker I'm ok with the cost.
I've looked into it as well. Undoubtedly great information and will make any novice a better winemaker. The tuition and the cost of the books was what scared me away. If I saw a career in the field, I would see the value.

That would be tempting if I had the time. A bit pricey, sure. But maybe it'd open up opportunity for a 2nd career in 8 or 9 years; when I might be looking to ease into retirement but work for a few more years doing something more fun.

Thanks for the feedback, I went ahead and got on the wait list for the Winemaking Chemistry course seeing as it's been quite some time since I took college level chemistry. Apparently it's quite popular and doesn't look like I'll have a spot until the summer of 2020, so that will give me some more time to decide on enrolling in the program.

Hi, I would like to learn about pricing and time frame completing school, it should be fun working wine industry I am currently working as chauffeur for LAX Airport Car Service and I would like to change my carrier soon. Thank you for respond,

Hi, I would like to learn about pricing and time frame completing school, it should be fun working wine industry I am currently working as chauffeur for LAX Airport Car Service and I would like to change my carrier soon. Thank you for respond,
Hi there, this is a three-year-old thread. Please start a new thread for your questions to get better attention. We would love to know you better, so consider posting an introduction.
https://www.winemakingtalk.com/forums/new-member-introductions.21/

Latest posts

Back