U.S. Producers Betting on Rosé and Challenging French Dominance

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that a good dry Rose' goes with just about any Summer fare. Burgers, dogs, chicken, seafood, guac and chips. Its cold when its hot outside and pairs wonderfully with almost anything off the grill. I will still draw the line with a good steak or roast beast (heavy red please) but even BBQ ribs, pulled pork works pretty darn well with a dry Rose'!

Seeing them more and more these days. Last year we had the Sauv Blanc Rose' and this year we had the Limited Release (Passport) Cab Sauv Rose'. Even RJS is now making an En Primeur Series Chilean Rose' of Pinot Noir that should be amazing!

Do any of the kit makers offer a decent Pink?

Last edited:
Seeing them more and more these days. Last year we had the Sauv Blanc Rose' and this year we had the Limited Release (Passport) Cab Sauv Rose'

Same here. And two years ago, I did an LR Aussie Grenache Rose. Really looking forward to this year's Cab Sauv though.

Go pink! This fall I'm thinking of picking half my Sangiovese early for a rose. The one I got from Jones last year was really nice. Completely dry, crisp with enough acid to make it a hot summer afternoon wine.

I have found that a good dry Rose' goes with just about any Summer fare. Burgers, dogs, chicken, seafood, guac and chips. Its cold when its hot outside and pairs wonderfully with almost anything off the grill. I will still draw the line with a good steak or roast beast (heavy red please) but even BBQ ribs, pulled pork works pretty darn well with a dry Rose'!

I like dry rose' is great "for dinner" but then I like a nice chewy red for dinner too. That fruity white stuff? Completely appetizer material...

Cheers!
Johann

Latest posts

Back