Quantcast

U.S. Producers Betting on Rosé and Challenging French Dominance

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have found that a good dry Rose' goes with just about any Summer fare. Burgers, dogs, chicken, seafood, guac and chips. Its cold when its hot outside and pairs wonderfully with almost anything off the grill. I will still draw the line with a good steak or roast beast (heavy red please) but even BBQ ribs, pulled pork works pretty darn well with a dry Rose'!

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. One of the nicest aspects of a rose' is it is FOOD FRIENDLY!! :br:r:b:db

bkisel

Reaction score
Do any of the kit makers offer a decent Pink?

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seeing them more and more these days. Last year we had the Sauv Blanc Rose' and this year we had the Limited Release (Passport) Cab Sauv Rose'. Even RJS is now making an En Primeur Series Chilean Rose' of Pinot Noir that should be amazing!

Do any of the kit makers offer a decent Pink?

Last edited:

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Seeing them more and more these days. Last year we had the Sauv Blanc Rose' and this year we had the Limited Release (Passport) Cab Sauv Rose'
Same here. And two years ago, I did an LR Aussie Grenache Rose. Really looking forward to this year's Cab Sauv though.

Johny99

Reaction score
Go pink! This fall I'm thinking of picking half my Sangiovese early for a rose. The one I got from Jones last year was really nice. Completely dry, crisp with enough acid to make it a hot summer afternoon wine.

jburtner

Reaction score
I have found that a good dry Rose' goes with just about any Summer fare. Burgers, dogs, chicken, seafood, guac and chips. Its cold when its hot outside and pairs wonderfully with almost anything off the grill. I will still draw the line with a good steak or roast beast (heavy red please) but even BBQ ribs, pulled pork works pretty darn well with a dry Rose'!
I like dry rose' is great "for dinner" but then I like a nice chewy red for dinner too. That fruity white stuff? Completely appetizer material...

Cheers!
Johann

Latest posts