types of slurry used and colors

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
has anyone used an apple or apple spice slurry to make skeeter pee?
my second batchh of skeeter pee fermenting is with the apple/pear spice. i was just curious to see how it may taste. i'm hoping it will be a great fall drink:b
and lon, what slurry was used in the green skeeter pee bottles in your cooler picture? it looks so yummy!

The green was most likely Lime and I dont think a slury would add too much flavor unless you are using a lot of slurry to a little bit of pee as the pee is a very strong flavored must. It will however add its color very easily.

The green was most likely Lime and I dont think a slury would add too much flavor unless you are using a lot of slurry to a little bit of pee as the pee is a very strong flavored must. It will however add its color very easily.

lime juice instead of lemon juice?

My last couple of batches have had 1/2 a bottle of lemon left out and a bottle of lime dumped in. Still has the great lemon taste but seems to for lack of a better word, kinda smooth it out a little. Arne.

My last couple of batches have had 1/2 a bottle of lemon left out and a bottle of lime dumped in. Still has the great lemon taste but seems to for lack of a better word, kinda smooth it out a little. Arne.

hmmm, will keep that in mind. i have the beaujolais must in the freezer, but i know that will impart a pink color again.

I did a batch of skeeter pee back in the spring with slurry from savigion blanc,it was great.and 5 gallons have gone by through the summer months.Slurry makes a great difference.I now have a batch of skeeter pee with peach slurry took off today and cant wait to drink this next.The smell is out of this world.

Back