Tyler from Pittsburgh area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoort

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My name is Tyler. Been a home brewer (beer) for years although the last few years ive taken a break from brewing beer as my current living situation in an appartment isnt the best for all the equipment and process of doing that.
Ive gotten into cider and wine making about 1-2 years ago and love it. Its a bit more my style now. Less work overall, just more patience required.

I did 46 gallons of hard cider this last fall (from apples) and also did a chardonnay (juice bucket), a zinfandel, and a cabernet sauvignon.
The cab and zin i did about 5 lugs total of grapes and also a juice bucket each of them.

The wines are developing real nice right now. My goal is to produce some really enjoyable wines and i plan to let the reds go for a year before bottling.

Looking forward to bottling a carminere and a malbec i did last spring!!!

Anyway, i keep coming to this forum researching as much as i can. I wanted to just say "HI" and if anyone else from the pittsburgh area would like to get together sometime and taste eachothers wines that would be great.
Thanks! -Tyler.

Hi Tyler, welcome to winemaking talk. I haven't had a winemaker's get together in awhile but I'm thinking we need to. How close to Saxonburg are you?

Thanks for the welcoming posts everyone!
Julie Saxonburg isnt far at all. 1hr. I live in greensburg. A meetup would be excellent! Idk exactly what u have in mind or what you have done in the past but im okay with a group or just meeting urself.

Ideally i think it would be fun to have a pittsburgh area meetup where a few of us get together every other month or so (maybe quarterly or even monthly if people wanted it) and meet at a byob friendly resturant or such. Let me know ur thoughts. Im sure u know a few others on here that are local too

I know a couple other local home winemakers and pretty sure at least one of them would be interested in a meetup if we got something to happen

Back