Two totally different wines.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcorn63

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all :b Another newbie introduction. Now retired moved home and planted loads of fruit trees. And thought wow wouldn't making various wines be a good hobby to learn ,then when the trees start producing ,I could make into wine for the wife. Anyway Started first 1 gallon of red concentrate in a kit about a month ago followed instruction and suggestions of various comments on here to the letter. & To be honest it tastes lovely with a Fruitful flavour,,it's still in demijohn settling going to bottle next week. But also made a 30 bottle Wine buddy kit of Rose wine , the wife's favourite,it's still bubbling every 30 seconds,took a reading last night and it down to 0.999 but tastes really bitter compared to my red,. Question is should I move it (rack I think you call it ?) to another container barrell,and leave for another week or just leave it. I have absolutely loads of time and not in a hurry,just want to get it right Also can you sweeten it ? If so when & the best way to do it . Alan

I would verify specific gravity remain constant for two days then rack. rack again in three days then again in three weeks add so2. bulk age for three months wait until wine clears then do taste tests. wine at this early stage does not reflect it final taste. to many thing going on during fermentation.

Latest posts

Back