Two of my wines received medals!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONGRATS!!!!!
smiley4.gif
smiley10.gif
smiley32.gif

That should boost your confidence Scuba. Good going. How did your vines do this year? Did they fill in some for you and maybe put out a few grapes?

They filled in yes but I didnt let them give any grapes. I found though that I need to prune the vegetation around them for next year more heavily so that they receive more sunlight.

Scubaman2151

way to go scuba!!!!
i've been debating the mezza. i think that pushed me over the eeeeeedge.

i'm a newbie, is it rude to ask if you have a mezza secret??
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Rube-a-Billy

Thank you very much :).

As for a secret, cant say I really have one, just followed the directions on the kit. Everybody I gave a bottle of that to really liked it as well.

Scuba

Nice. You have any stats on the kits like how old they were when you entered them, type of kit, etc.

Lol I like how apple is able to dig all that up :). That is the exact reason I like to keep records on here of what I did.

The Mezza Luna I didn't do anything to at all except follow the directions. It was only my second or third kit so I wasn't experimenting with it. I remembered I started it at the same time as uavwmn. Wonder how theirs turned out?

As for the Red Zin, I believe it was a Winexpert as well but ill have to go dig out the instructions. I followed the instructions as laid out with the kit. The only thing I changed though however was that after fermentation was over I put in 3oz of Hungarian oak cubes (medium toast) and left that in for 8 weeks. I racked off the oak then and left age for 3-5 months. I bottle in mid-late august. I sent the bottles in the first week of October to the contest. I didn't add any more sugar to change the alcohol content nor did I back sweeten. My biggest downfall to my winemaking is that I take terrible notes, the only notes I keep are the ones I post on here, so thats why I cant give more details. I need to take notes.

Scubaman2151

Scuba, we did start our Mezza Luna's at the same time. I followed the kit directions to a T. It has been exactly 1 yr. And mine turned out awesome as well. Great raves from co-workers and friends who I use as my critique sounding board.

So it is no surprise that Scuba's wine was honored with an award!!
Great job, Scuba!!
smiley32.gif

Congrats Scubaman....Good job....I think it is great to see people from our forum family do good with their wines and labels..
smiley32.gif

uavwmn said:
Scuba, we did start our Mezza Luna's at the same time. I followed the kit directions to a T. It has been exactly 1 yr. And mine turned out awesome as well. Great raves from co-workers and friends who I use as my critique sounding board.

So it is no surprise that Scuba's wine was honored with an award!!
Great job, Scuba!!
smiley32.gif

We seem to have good luck making wine togethier, youll have to let me know what you make next so I can follow suit
smiley2.gif

Scubaman2151

Latest posts

Back