Other Two Finer Wine Kits Bottled!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Lukaswine

A work in progress
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally finished the Super Tuscan and Cab. I was surprised at how wonderful they tasted. I used double grape packs. For the first time bottle 30 bottles per 6 gallon carboy, never done before. I did topped off the carboy . I like to apply my nice labels to make it look like I purchased it in a store! :p (www.stoneycreekwinepress) I give away most of the wine. Looking forward to purchasing more FWK!

thumbnail_IMG_8867.jpg

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
I finally finished the Super Tuscan and Cab. I was surprised at how wonderful they tasted. I used double grape packs. For the first time bottle 30 bottles per 6 gallon carboy, never done before. I did topped off the carboy . I like to apply my nice labels to make it look like I purchased it in a store! :p (www.stoneycreekwinepress) I give away most of the wine. Looking forward to purchasing more FWK!

View attachment 80399
What do they charge for labels??

Lukaswine

A work in progress
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
What do they charge for labels??
I paid $134 for 98 labels no shipping over $50 and no tax. I had some wine bottle remaining from another batch and printed another label in addition. It's about 1.34/pc., a bit pricey but, I like the variety of templates. Then I make my edits. I am not that creative to start a design from scratch!

The labels are very shiny, high quality and a quick turnaround. Of course the more labels you print of the same style the price per piece is lowered.

Sailor323

Reaction score
I bottled my Super Tuscan a few weeks ago and tasted it a couple of nights ago. It was phenomenal! I was genuinely surprised. In the first place, I only used a single skins pack. Also, primary fermentation proceeded so quickly and I wasn't ready for that so I racked into the secondary very early on. Even so, the taste is a bit tannic in spite of limited time on the skins but overall, very fruity, a bit jammy. The Tannins are not objectional and will smooth out anyway.

ratflinger

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Super Tuscan will be the first kit I keg from FWK. 1 skins pack and the prelime tasting suggest it will be phenomenal. I keg all my table wines, I'll be trying 2 skins kits for bottling. I try to bottle 2 kits a year for 3 year aging, for a nice Sunday wine.

Latest posts