Two different strains of yeast in one batch..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not happy you had problems
but im glad you posted this as i was going to make some blueberry of my own and learned a few things from this post

hope it all works out good in the end Tall

im not happy you had problems
but im glad you posted this as i was going to make some blueberry of my own and learned a few things from this post

hope it all works out good in the end Tall

Ya, that's kind of why I'm eager to post the problems I'm having so there is a public record available that others might find useful or at least glean bits of useful information that will benefit them.

In a perverse way I kind of hope things go awry :)

phew

I was really beginning to worry that you were going to dump the entire blueberry batch.

thank goodness for improvisation.

Allie

Hee hee, made an update video ;) Just messing around tonight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JuX1JWLujg[/ame]

Nice, It looks like it will take off now. Way to improvise. I learn something every day here. I have done 2 batches of blueberry , both 1 gallon and neither had a problem fermenting. I like to start (pitch) the yeast when the must is warm say 85 to 90 and the yeast seems to like that. What all flavors did you have going in the video? I think I am starting to understand your name and avitar lol.

What all flavors did you have going in the video?

The carboy to the left of the blueberry is a welch's frozen concentrate... and the carboy to the right (the one I mention racking) is strawberry frozen concentrate. To be honest though it doesn't really taste like strawberry... a bit of false advertising there but it tastes good, sort of like fruit punch. I have another carboy clearing in the basement that I made from the same strawberry concentrate + 5 cans of frozen tangerine concentrate. Not really sure how that one will turn out but I did take a small sample when it was very active and the tangerine was very noticable, just a smittering of bitterness, not much though.

Nice, It looks like it will take off now. Way to improvise. I learn something every day here. I have done 2 batches of blueberry , both 1 gallon and neither had a problem fermenting. I like to start (pitch) the yeast when the must is warm say 85 to 90 and the yeast seems to like that. What all flavors did you have going in the video? I think I am starting to understand your name and avitar lol.
MAD..
Think it's time to go to 6 GALLON batches?

Latest posts

Back