WineXpert Twisted Mist Cocktails

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine-O

Winemaker
Reaction score
BOY DO THESE LOOK GOOD!!

This April Winexpert will introduce an exciting and delicious new addition to the Island Mist family: Twisted Mist Cocktails. Twisted Mist makes 30 bottles of the world’s first consumer-made ready-to- drink cocktail—just chill, pour and enjoy! Twisted Mist will only be around for summer and includes two great tasting cocktails:
Strawberry Margarita and Mojito.

Alcohol
Standard bar cocktails (1.5 ounces alcohol with 4 ounces mix) are 12% ABV (alcohol by volume). After all, without alcohol cocktails are mocktails! Twisted Mist produces 12% ABV at bottling, giving the kick consumers expect, with great taste, authentic flavors and a smooth finish.

Timing
Cocktails are a great complement to summertime BBQ’s which is why Twisted Mist will be made available beginning April 2010, just in time for patio season. We do want to keep Twisted Mist special and will only be releasing it during the summer, so if your customers want to stock their cellars for the winter they should buy extra before it runs out.

Volume
Twisted Mist will produce thirty 750ml bottles of great tasting wine-based cocktail, in a new larger 10 liter format.

Here is the best pricing I have found

store.homebrew4less.com/Twisted-Mist-Cocktails/products/870/

hopefully someone will give us an update after making one of these kits?

I have found the heron bay cooler type kits to have a heavy corn sugar aftertaste.

would be interested in trying an alternative.

Allie

They are selling them here --->Twisted Mist<--- 79.00 for the Strawberry, and 69.00 for the Mojito.. They are advertising free shipping on these 2 kits as well. May have to get one.... They are shipping out in April from the looks of it..

Last edited:
They are selling them here --->Twisted Mist<--- 79.00 for the Strawberry, and 69.00 for the Mojito.. They are advertising free shipping on these 2 kits as well. May have to get one.... They are shipping out in April from the looks of it..

My local shop quoted a price of $73.95 per kit for either flavour. Wonder why they are selling the Mojito for less.

OK, from everything I am reading this stuff is supposed to be amazing and delicious...WELL...let me tell you, my wife and I were given a couple of these kits, and we took them to the local brewing store and had them made up, so far so good, then we bottle them and bring them home, let them sit the required time, then place them in our fabulous counter top wine cooler to chill.

Are you ready,,,wait for it,,,wait for it.

Open one up, pour a glass, take a sip...spit the damn crap down the sink, gotta be the worst thing I have ever tasted...WTF.

Now, I do have to ask, do these kits have a shelf life, or could the winemaking shop we used have screwed up.

We have been trying to create whimsical conconctions with this stuff and no matter what we try to combine it with it still tastes pretty bad.

Beside ourselves on what to do with 30 odd bottles of this brew, thought of giving it as gifts for Christmas, but then decided we might alienate a few friends...lol

Not picking on you "wines just fine" but saw that you were from the island, and it was your post I was reading, so I thought you might be able to tell me what the hell is going on with my Mojito?

Last edited:
SnowDaddy;

What didn't you like? The taste? The sweetness? It's kinda hard to diagnose "gotta be the worst thing I have ever tasted".

The best thing to do is to have somebody taste it. Given that you live in the Vancouver area, I would call Winexpert in Port Coquitlam and arrange to take a bottle to them.

http://www.winexpert.com/contact-us

Steve

The Taste

It was the taste, it isn't sweet at all, sour is more like it, with a very bad lingering aftertaste.

Latest posts

Back