WineXpert Twisted Mist-Bottled, HOORAY!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shbsJon

Junior
Reaction score
:db My wife an I just bottled the Margarita and Mojito. Some interesting notes. The base liquid looked and tasted the same, from what I could tell. Very dry and potent, with a neutral, non-wine type of flavor. We added the F-packs after filtering with #3 pads. The Mojito has the color of lemonade. I was hoping for "nuclear-waste green". Very nice, clean minty taste. Kind of zippy. The Margarita looks the color of Ocean Spray cranberry juice cocktail ( which is in the fridge also). Very rich stawberry taste, fresh and fruity. Both of these seem a bit on the powerful side, as we are fans of Island Mist. The wife has a snow cone machine (ice shaver). We will make them slushy tomorrow night. The tastes are surprisingly true compared to the mixed drink versions. I have to give 11 each out to the employees for their evaluation, but Rose and I agree they are WINNERS!!! Rose wants to make even more.

South Hills Brewing Supply
South Hills Brewing-Greentree
Country Wines-North Hills
South Hills Brewing-Monroeville

Now for an OFFICIAL taste you need to send a bottle to the Mods here. :tz

:The base liquid looked and tasted the same, from what I could tell.

Jon:

In case you didn't see the updated comment (on that other site), Tim said that they are the same base. Apparently a previous test version had different bases.

Steve

:db My wife an I just bottled the Margarita and Mojito. Some interesting notes. The base liquid looked and tasted the same, from what I could tell. Very dry and potent, with a neutral, non-wine type of flavor. We added the F-packs after filtering with #3 pads. The Mojito has the color of lemonade. I was hoping for "nuclear-waste green". Very nice, clean minty taste. Kind of zippy. The Margarita looks the color of Ocean Spray cranberry juice cocktail ( which is in the fridge also). Very rich stawberry taste, fresh and fruity. Both of these seem a bit on the powerful side, as we are fans of Island Mist. The wife has a snow cone machine (ice shaver). We will make them slushy tomorrow night. The tastes are surprisingly true compared to the mixed drink versions. I have to give 11 each out to the employees for their evaluation, but Rose and I agree they are WINNERS!!! Rose wants to make even more.

South Hills Brewing Supply
South Hills Brewing-Greentree
Country Wines-North Hills
South Hills Brewing-Monroeville

I'll pick up my bottle when I'm at SHBS in Greentree. Now to figure out which one is Jon since I'm terrible with names. I'm there often enough, it has proven to be a very dangerous store for me.