Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad I procrastinated checking out on Amazon because they dropped to $33.65!!!! Let the tweaking begin.....

hahahah glad I saw this, but you just cost me $100 bucks! I've been following this thread and planning to buy a Fontana kit to tweak (I started this hobby in Aug and already have 48 gallons going and have a kit on the shelf and dragons blood ready to go) but have been delaying ---- you just made me impulse buy a merlot, cab and pinot grigio! Time to devise our plan! :h

Thanks! so I see these are 5 liters --do you think they'd work better as 5 gallon batches?

Thanks! so I see these are 5 liters --do you think they'd work better as 5 gallon batches?

I'm doing mine as 5 gal and tweaking. I don't have a plan yet but I'm thinking. Share if you do one or more - would love to read about what you are doing.

I don't have a plan --was going to read Joes stuff and follow the flow! I like dry pinot grigio, so I'm looking for a good plan for that

I added two cups of blackberry concentrate from homewinery to a costo merlot, added oak staves and chips, corrected acidity and added usual suspects (pectic enzyme).
Volume adjusted to a hair over 6 gallons. SG 1.01.
At six months old it is among the best wines I have ever tasted and certainly the best I have ever made. Getting a little pricey though at 1.50 per bottle. Gary Rees

I added two cups of blackberry concentrate from homewinery to a costo merlot, Gary Rees

Now I like this idea! I have been wanting to try the homewinery jugs for a while now. I like I could buy several kinds and use as a tweak ingredient. I have tried the Brewers Best flavorings and they don't add much in flavor to me.

Question...If you don't use the whole jug, does it have to go in the fridge? Can it be frozen?

Mismost I found out the answers too late to save my Viognier (Jug expoded because I didn't know to fridge it upon arrival). As soon as you get your homewinery products they should be either refridged or frozen. They can keep I think 6 months in fridge, I believe 5 years in freezer. But I have sucessfully used them after sitting in the workroom for 3 months before putting in fridge for additional 4 months. Granted that workroom was on the chilly.

Do know that the jugs seem to separate out a bit. The sugar seems to clump into sections leaving the juice more freeflowing. I have used that to my advantage when I had thin tasting wine that I did not want to get sweeter. And yes, I did refreeze the remainder of the jug for later reuse.

I really love Homewinery products. I try to order when temps are moderate tho so it doesn't sit in the sun on my doorstep or freeze in transit.

Pam in cinti

Back