Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, why not is correct, just remember tweekTwe cheap wine kits is always based on the wines profile.
The rest is up to you.have fun and be creative as you want.
Always remember less is more when Tweeking.

Hi, why not is correct, just remember tweekTwe cheap wine kits is always based on the wines profile.
Amen!

I learned that with beer....you can add so many different flavors it just turns into a muddy tasting mess. Although I am drinking a Bock beer right now that was too much, too bad back in Oct. 2016.....now it's melded together and is pretty smooth and tasty too!

Better to focus on a single flavor note....I like cherry with the Malbek. But did a malbek with cherries, plums, and blackberries and while still young it is pretty awesome... but it did worry me. So, you can see, I seldom heed my own advice and time has a way to make things right.

Open to any one..
Has anyone did Fontana Pinot Grisio?
Any suggestions on the Primary and so on?

This see is a white correct, then add grapefruit zest in the primary at least 1/2 9f a grapefruit. what

I only got a few words of the reply. Up to grapefruit.

Joe is suggesting that you use the zest from 1/2 of a grapefruit in your primary fermentation. The zest is scraped off of the exterior of the fruit using a zesting tool or microplane. It shaves the outside off without getting any of the bitter, white pith beneath the skin.

Joe is suggesting that you use the zest from 1/2 of a grapefruit in your primary fermentation. The zest is scraped off of the exterior of the fruit using a zesting tool or microplane. It shaves the outside off without getting any of the bitter, white pith beneath the skin.

Sugar...when he says 1/2 of a grapefruit, he means ONE HALF OF A GRAPEFRUIT. Don't make the mistake of looking at that tiny pile of vest and that big old six gallon bucket and think this ain't near enough....IT IS ENOUGH! Zest is powerful stuff....a little bit goes a long way.

Easy enough to add a bit more later in the secondary. Impossible to take out.

Sugar...when he says 1/2 of a grapefruit, he means ONE HALF OF A GRAPEFRUIT. Don't make the mistake of looking at that tiny pile of vest and that big old six gallon bucket and think this ain't near enough....IT IS ENOUGH! Zest is powerful stuff....a little bit goes a long way.

Easy enough to add a bit more later in the secondary. Impossible to take out.
That's timely, thanks.
Do add chips and raisins?

I've done the fontana pinot grigio. I made it to 6 gallons, split the batch and added zest to one 3 gal carboy for the secondary. It produced a decent everyday white, probably a bit lower on acidity than it ought to be, but not bad for a buck and a half a bottle. I couldn't tase any difference between zest and no zest, but maybe it'd work better in the primary. I had to add a bit of sugar to get it to 11% @ 6gal, so I'd definitely only rehydrate it to 5 gal if I were to do another batch. I'd also be inclined to test the acidity and maybe add a little tartaric if taste and test strip agree that it needs it.

Last edited:
Cheap kits

wineforfun:I haven't but Kate my wino buddy has here in my cellar and it comes out semi-sweet pretty much spot on for a Riesling, the fpac adds some more structure to this lite body wine and a little harder to clear but it was worth the effort ,:db' don't add the zest until your done and cleared ready to bottle ,then taste it if you think it lacks a bite or crispness to the finish then add the zest (1/2 grapefruit):db and let it sit 1 month then bottle. Remember you can always back sweeten but first you need a decent wine to work with.::::::::::::::::::::::::
I've done the fontana pinot grigio. I made it to 6 gallons, split the batch and added zest to one 3 gal carboy for the secondary. It's a decent everyday white, probably a bit lower on acidity than it ought to be. I couldn't tase any difference between zest and no zest, but maybe it'd work better in the primary. I had to add a bit of sugar to get it to 11% @ 6gal, so I'd definitely only rehydrate it to 5 gal if I were to do another batch. I'd also be inclined to test the acidity and maybe add a little tartaric if taste and test strip agree that it needs it.
I've done the fontana pinot grigio. I made it to 6 gallons, split the batch and added zest to one 3 gal carboy for the secondary. It's a decent everyday white, probably a bit lower on acidity than it ought to be. I couldn't tase any difference between zest and no zest, but maybe it'd work better in the primary. I had to add a bit of sugar to get it to 11% @ 6gal, so I'd definitely only rehydrate it to 5 gal if I were to do another batch. I'd also be inclined to test the acidity and maybe add a little tartaric if taste and test strip agree that it needs it.
I've done the fontana pinot grigio. I made it to 6 gallons, split the batch and added zest to one 3 gal carboy for the secondary. It produced a decent everyday white, probably a bit lower on acidity than it ought to be, but not bad for a buck and a half a bottle. I couldn't tase any difference between zest and no zest, but maybe it'd work better in the primary. I had to add a bit of sugar to get it to 11% @ 6gal, so I'd definitely only rehydrate it to 5 gal if I were to do another batch. I'd also be inclined to test the acidity and maybe add a little tartaric if taste and test strip agree that it needs it.
I have added 12 oz. Approcot dry and diced.
One cup of French med toast chips.
Plan to add diced dates. Added two tsps.of tannin

Has anyone used Dates to feed with instead of raisins?

Island Mist peach pinot Gris...follow the flow,,im having a hard time uploading ??///

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
Ok, girls and boys.. this is a out of the box .. Fontana Shiraz $41.00
Bentonite pack
4 liters warm water
1cup med.roast French Oak Chip
1 cup chopped dates (yet to find Currants in N.Florida)
1Qt.simple syurp
2tsp.tannin
2 tsp Neutriant
2 tsp acid blend
5 oz. Sweetened Dried cherries.
Pithed foaming 1118 yeast in
pH at 3.4
We're on the train.
Just bottled 26 bottles of Cabernet
And 25 bottles of Merlot with coffee beans.
Now that's a Kickstarter.
Taste... like Breakfast.
I will follow up with the Flow.

Ok, girls and boys.. this is a out of the box .. Fontana Shiraz $41.00
Bentonite pack
4 liters warm water
1cup med.roast French Oak Chip
1 cup chopped dates (yet to find Currants in N.Florida)
1Qt.simple syurp
2tsp.tannin
2 tsp Neutriant
2 tsp acid blend
5 oz. Sweetened Dried cherries.
Pithed foaming 1118 yeast in
pH at 3.4
We're on the train.
Just bottled 26 bottles of Cabernet
And 25 bottles of Merlot with coffee beans.
Now that's a Kickstarter.
Taste... like Breakfast.
I will follow up with the Flow.
5 1/2 gallons.

Better to use tartaric acid to lower your pH, acid blend has malic and citric acids in it and is more commonly used for fruit wines.
Thank you for the input I will apply that information in the future.to late on this Shiraz.

I accidentally discovered that Fontana Merlot and Dunkin coffee beans are a natural match.
I named it Merlot with Joe.
Delicious.

I accidentally discovered that Fontana Merlot and Dunkin coffee beans are a natural match.
I named it Merlot with Joe.
Delicious.
I also did a Sauvignon Blanc with Coffee beans...in an attempt to mask over degassing.
Worked very well with the Merlot...bu b it was not as bad as Sauvignon Blanc.
Well hopefully it will be a a drinkable wine.

Latest posts

Back