Tutorial on label making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am looking to do my first batch of labels, but I am looking to make labels I can update for future brews without too much trouble.

My initial instinct (based only on what I am familiar with) is to try to create a Microsoft Word mail merge.

Does anyone have suggestions for software which allows you to create multiple lablels, and then update text easily?

labels cheaply

I use print label template option in Word and import / imbed my pics from edited files from "MS paint" or "GIMP" and add the text on top and bottom ( see samples ) it a little tricky but it works using the 4 on 1 laabel sheets ( like fedex blank labels ) and I am also using "EPSON" printer with durabrite ink ( ink is water proof the moment it is printed ) good luck make sure and have plenty of wine to drink you need to be mellow doing this but not snockered ( dont want sideways labels )

View attachment wine labels bathtub 2.bmp

View attachment wine labels single 2.bmp

Last edited:
labels cheaply

I reposted this

I use print label template option in Word and import / imbed my pics from edited files from "MS paint" or "GIMP" and add the text on top and bottom ( see samples ) it a little tricky but it works using the 4 on 1 laabel sheets ( like fedex blank labels ) and I am also using "EPSON" printer with durabrite ink ( ink is water proof the moment it is printed ) good luck make sure and have plenty of wine to drink you need to be mellow doing this but not snockered ( dont want sideways labels )

View attachment wine labels bathtub 2.bmp

View attachment wine labels single 2.bmp

snowgirl812001 said:
Thanks for this thread!! I was clueless about the whole label issue lol. I have been playing around with PicMonkey now and have 2 ideas I'm working on. One for Prickly Pear and one for Mesquite. Would love to have your opinions on them, as I am very much a newbie here.

I love both!

I use epson printer with dura brite ink it is waterproof the instant it is printed
and I use it with 4 on 8.5 x 11 paper labels from UPS (plastic paper) using a template in microsoft word ,just drop in and print save as a documents.

The ink will not run or come off onto your hand when the chilled bottle of wine is on the table and sweats or in a bucket of ice & water.

sword6 ver 2.JPG

Where did everyone find there pics ? I went to picmonkey and only saw a small limited amount ?
The pics on this topic are absoutlt wonderfull !!

How does the labels hold up to cold temps ? and sweating ?

To put text on the images themselves instead of above or below the image, I use Paint's text tools. Has some good fonts.

Because I don't have a laser printer, I use Avery Labels online design tool. However, I have a heckuva time getting a print file so that I can have office max to print them.

Where did everyone find there pics ? I went to picmonkey and only saw a small limited amount ?
The pics on this topic are absoutlt wonderfull !!

How does the labels hold up to cold temps ? and sweating ?

Google search "x" images (x being what you are looking for" example monkey images or mosquito images.

You'll find a lot. Also add in clip art for artwork images.

yeah, don't search "x" images, especially when someone is looking over your shoulder.

Hey, i will learn something to you all (or not ofcourse). You just take some pictures from google and put them in windows word. Make your own text and foilá. And just print it on a normal paper. What you need is some milk and a piece of toiletpaper. Make the toilet paper wet with the milk and make the label wet (not to much) the milk will be sticky on the bottle and when it is all dry it looks nice. That was point 1, point 2 is that you can remove the label in less than 5 seconds.

Bearpaw

image-2875764068.jpg

Back