Trying to decide

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colorado_wade

Reaction score
My wife wants me to make a white next, and I'm trying to decide between the En Primeur Wine Maker's Trio, and the En Primeur Reisling Gewurtztraminer. Has anyone made both these, and have a recommendation? Even if you have only made one of them, I would love to hear your feedback on it.

Cheers!

If you are making it for your wife, why not let her choose?

The add for the quartet on the back of wine magazine caught my eye.
Sounds interesting.
It's very sweet if you follow the instructions. If you prefer your whites a bit less sickly sweet, add the f-pac, or at least a good portion of it before adding the yeast.

We bought the EP Riesling/Gewurztraminer kit tonight :db Can't wait to start this one. I am very intrigued with Brian55's recommendation to add the F-pac during primary to keep it from being too sweet. Has anyone else tried this? Or has anyone tried the this kit, just following the instructions, and if so, how did it turn out. Just looking for any input on how best to proceed with this kit.

Cheers!

I am very intrigued with Brian55's recommendation to add the F-pac during primary to keep it from being too sweet. Has anyone else tried this? Or has anyone tried the this kit, just following the instructions, and if so, how did it turn out. Just looking for any input on how best to proceed with this kit.

I have not made that particular kit, but have made a few whites that came with F-Pacs. The first time I reserved the whole F-Pac for secondary and found that I only needed about 50%-60% to get to the maximum sweetness desired. Going forward I put 1/3 of the F-Pac in primary (which should give the SG & ABV a boost) and saved 2/3's for secondary. After initial racking, k-meta and sorbate I let the wine do an initial settle out of sediment and rack again and start flavoring by adding about half of what I reserved. Then add small amounts until the flavor seems right. Usually I end up with a little leftover F-Pac.

Nothing goes to waste. Add some 1 : 1 simple syrup and then blend 50/50 with vodka and you have a nice little batch of lemon-cello style liqueur, only it's whatever flavor the F-Pac is. Moscato-cello is really nice.

Latest posts

Back