trouble shooting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Callow

Reaction score
I have a strawberry and mango batches brewing. The fermented quite aggressively. I know the temperature was over 80 for some short periods of time. I've since racked them into their carboys. They have settled out a great deal in the last week. I've noticed almost no active since racking. No bubbles, on airlock movement. Did too much fermantion complete in the primary? Or do I have 2 leaky airlocks? Although, i don't see bubbles coming from the dregs at the bottom.

There is way too much info missing foir us to do this. We would need to know starting sg, sg at racking, sg now, if you used any nutrient and or energizer, size of batch, etc...........

Starting SG 1.9, racked at 1.2
used yeast nutrient, but not energizer.
5 gallon batches each

You say you racked to the secondary at SG 1.2. What is it now? If still 1.2 then you have a stuck fermentation and should try to re-start it to finish fermenting the residual sugar.

Fred

Gotcha, but if i'm in that .9-.99 range then fermentation is complete?
Yes. When you get the same reading on two or more consecutive days, fermentation has stopped.

Fred

Ok, duely noted. Mango is at .99, and strawberry is at 1.1 with some minor activity. Will check again tomorrow.
THanks!

Latest posts

Back