Tropical Breeze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this tropical fruit sounded so good I went to my local GFSand bought the ingrediants. Mixed fruit and tropical fruit.
GFS has all sorts of frozen fruits and drink mixes to make wine from. Also good prices on sugar.
I"ve got the tropical fruit in the primary, and I am also going to try some rasberry-kiwi. That place is full of fruit wine ideas....Not to mention the lobster claws, big shrimp, plus a bunch of other things I found,...Walked out about $100 poorer.:p I will return.
This is one of the things I love about this forum .....all the good ideas for tasty wines.
I need more Carboys:try:D

I'll be at either Costco or GFS tomorrow night and will be looking for fruit with the variety mentioned. Looking forward to trying this one out. If it works and we like it I may upsize to a 3 gallon batch.

I'll be at either Costco or GFS tomorrow night and will be looking for fruit with the variety mentioned. Looking forward to trying this one out. If it works and we like it I may upsize to a 3 gallon batch.

LOL, this is what I did. I experimented with a 1 gallon batch, then made a 3 gallon batch and now I need to make a 6 gallon batch.

Julie

It sounded so good I started out with a 6 gal batch.LOL
It smells great in the primary.

Excellent Dale, I for one am interested in this. here in the middle of Alaska ripe fruit is hard to come buy and usually expensive as hell. Looking forward to seeing how Julies recipe works out for you.

What type of frozen fruit did you go with?

How much did you pay for what you just made?( fruit cost)

Sorry I missed your reply the other night Troy. I must have been asleep at the wheel.:d

I bought my fruit at GFS, I used a 5lb bag of mixed fruit that was about $10, and 2- 2.5 lb bags of tropical fruit, at about $8 a bag.

I am also trying some raspberry-kiwi wine.:D I purchased some frozen raspberries and got a couple dozen fresh kiwi, along with some raspberry-kiwi drink mix for a FP. I got that going in my other primary. My wine room smells great.:db

Last edited:
Sorry I missed your reply the other night Troy. I must have been asleep at the wheel.:d

I bought my fruit at GFS, I used a 5lb bag of mixed fruit that was about $10, and 2- 2.5 lb bags of tropical fruit, at about $8 a bag.

I am also trying some raspberry-kiwi wine.:D I purchased some frozen raspberries and got a couple dozen fresh kiwi, along with some raspberry-kiwi drink mix for a FP. I got that going in my other primary. My wine room smells great.:db

That's the same mixed fruit I bought today. There is a little of everything in there. Since it was a 5 lb bag I added a touch more water and will ferment in a smaller bottle if needed so I have extras to top up with. It smells wonderful.. When we were at GFS I saw the 5lb bag of mixed berries, I think it was around $10 also. That may be in the future since I think I have an empty or near empty gallon jug that was left at the firestation from an event there.

I took the bike out today and went to South Hill Brewing to get the correct yeast Julie recommended. I previously bought the Lavin 1116. I have extras now for when I need it bought an extra 1116 and an extra 1122.

Latest posts

Back