Treasure the small victories

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
Itsuko and I had our 42nd anniversary yesterday. I remembered it and had a card ready for her. She forgot. I had to chuckle. :h

Fast forward to tonight:
I get off work 1/2 hour or an hr early, head home, put on shorts and a tank top, pop open a beer, grab the paper and head for my deck. All winter I dream of this moment and tonite was the "perfect storm". I had a bottle of Imperial IPA, read the paper, and then yelled to Itsuko (sitting in the living room) that it was really nice out here. She came out for awhile, we chatted, then she got up and said sarcastically kiddingly "we'll, I guess I have to make your dinner now". Me, feeling my Imperial IPA say "or you could bring me another beer". She says "WHAT", I look at her and laugh, she laughs, and as she enters the house says "what kind of beer you want?" Me I say "doesn't matter (I'm enjoying this too much to say what particular beer to get me). Itsuko then brings me an Imperial Stout. Life is good.
Larry

Good indeed brother. A great moment for you both. Congradulations. Will you two be MY marriage counselor?

Leanne i going to be here at the end of the week, and then our life together begins.

We sure hope it will be full of life, love and bliss as you have described.:h

Good indeed brother. A great moment for you both. Congradulations. Will you two be MY marriage counselor?

Leanne i going to be here at the end of the week, and then our life together begins.

We sure hope it will be full of life, love and bliss as you have described.:h

Troy, Believe me there were a lot of bumps along the way and on occasion there still are. But you get through them and soldier on. Be kind to each other, love each other, don't try to change each other, and when you screw up these rules: forgive each other. That about covers it. I would be honored to counsel anytime.

Troy, Believe me there were a lot of bumps along the way and on occasion there still are. But you get through them and soldier on. Be kind to each other, love each other, don't try to change each other, and when you screw up these rules: forgive each other. That about covers it. I would be honored to counsel anytime.

Troy, Larry is right. As he stated he did not get upset when his wife was going to fix dinner first, but all he had to say was bring me a beer first. These are the kinds of bumps Leanne will have to learn, but I am sure you will whip her in shape. You may have to write some things down in the beginning to help her out like merlot on Rice crispies and Skeeter Pee on Corn Flakes.

Troy, Larry is right. As he stated he did not get upset when his wife was going to fix dinner first, but all he had to say was bring me a beer first. These are the kinds of bumps Leanne will have to learn, but I am sure you will whip her in shape. You may have to write some things down in the beginning to help her out like merlot on Rice crispies and Skeeter Pee on Corn Flakes.

and if anyone shows that post to my wife I'll.....I'll be toast! LOL

How about a good cup of tea and warm clumpets in the afternoon?!!! LOL

Who needs peanut butter toast if you have a good raisin.

Come up with a good raisin, or send the cash, I need the money.

I am sure your wife will be angry if I have to call her!!

LMFAO!

Wow, I never looked at it that way. (but hmmm, you picked right up on it). In my defense the 2 Imperial beers may have distorted my outlook here. It's a good point. I won't mention it to Itsuko either.;)

Call me the extortionist, but Larry, do you have a good raisin. Two strange phone calls to others wives in one day could be a new personal record!!!

LMFAO! Kidding of course. I would never ever do anything like that. Unless yu have a good raisin. Dont be a sourdough. Rye are you thinking I could possibly be serious. However, wheat the way the economy is, no telling what I might dough!

Call me the extortionist, but Larry, do you have a good raisin. Two strange phone calls to others wives in one day could be a new personal record!!!

LMFAO! Kidding of course. I would never ever do anything like that. Unless yu have a good raisin. Dont be a sourdough. Rye are you thinking I could possibly be serious. However, wheat the way the economy is, no telling what I might dough!

Here's the one I use honey.

Raisin Bread.

* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup raisins
* 8 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

1. Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Let cool until lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set aside until yeast is frothy. Mix in eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, salt, and raisins. Stir in cooled milk. Add the flour gradually to make a stiff dough.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes. Place in a large, greased, mixing bowl, and turn to grease the surface of the dough. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled.
4. Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick. Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons milk. Mix together 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture on top of the moistened dough. Roll up tightly; the roll should be about 3 inches in diameter. Cut into thirds, and tuck under ends. Place loaves into well greased 9 x 5 inch pans. Lightly grease tops of loaves. Let rise again for 1 hour.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until loaves are lightly browned and sound hollow when knocked. Remove loaves from pans, and brush with melted butter or margarine. Let cool before slicing.

at 4 pm i was thinking warm and squishy, but I will be sure to let it cool. No reason for any one to get hurt.

I am in so much trouble!!!!

It sounds like you are half "baked" tonight. Sorry, but I think it is very punny and I love a good pun. You don't want to be around my family when we get on a roll. We are soon all on the flour laughing our buns off.

Congrats on the anniversary.. :br

It is a entirely different world when you realize that you have been with one person more than you have been without them.
This year will make 31 for me and Nancy, not counting the year we lived together before we married.
Even with the bumps and sometimes curves in the path, you get to the point you can't imagine being with out them.

Latest posts

Back