Trash night

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trash in my area is overrun with takeout food boxes and boxes from on-line food delivery services that you see advertised on YTV. I'm beginning to think we're the only ones who actually buy groceries and prepare real meals. In 5 years here, I have only seen people bringing groceries into their home twice!! It seems like I'm always hauling in groceries.

Trash in my area is overrun with takeout food boxes and boxes from on-line food delivery services that you see advertised on YTV. I'm beginning to think we're the only ones who actually buy groceries and prepare real meals. In 5 years here, I have only seen people bringing groceries into their home twice!! It seems like I'm always hauling in groceries.

My neighborhood is the same way. I am pretty sure the neighbor on one side never cooks, but goes to Costco four times a week.

Hi, I am surprised to hear that in the wilds of New Hampshire. Alot must have changed since I left New England...............................Dizzy

Hi, I am surprised to hear that in the wilds of New Hampshire. Alot must have changed since I left New England...............................Dizzy
Depends on where you are and who lives in the area. Old codgers like us cook from scratch, mow our own lawns, do our own repairs, take our trash to the transfer station, etc. Where we are now we are surrounded by a hoard of young couples who do none of that. They hire someone to do everything .. and I do mean everything .... from mowing the lawn to fixing a loose electrical outlet.

Depends on where you are and who lives in the area. Old codgers like us cook from scratch, mow our own lawns, do our own repairs, take our trash to the transfer station, etc. Where we are now we are surrounded by a hoard of young couples who do none of that. They hire someone to do everything .. and I do mean everything .... from mowing the lawn to fixing a loose electrical outlet.
Yes, I too am an old codger! LOL. I do cook from scratch and have just finished canning October butter. It is like apple butter, but with apples, pears, bananas and orange juice (100 year old recipe). Also just finishing up dehydrating local produce while preparing for Armageddon (sp?) this winter. Then it will be time to make Pumpkin Wine..................busy, busy, busy! Take care, and keep on, keepin' on.................................................................Dizzy

Latest posts

Back