transfer pump vs all in one

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

Reaction score
How does the all in one wine pump differ from a transfer pump? You can connect a filter on a transfer pump. I don't get the whole vacuum concept of the all in one pump.

Most important feature is that no wine every gets inside the pump mechanism. Clean up is as easy as with a manual siphon. The all-in-one creates a vacuum in the destination container and pulls the wine through he hoses without ever contacting it. I don't have one and don't need one for my small scale wine making but I recognize that it's a great tool for those doing larger or lots of wine batches.

Most important feature is that no wine every gets inside the pump mechanism. Clean up is as easy as with a manual siphon. The all-in-one creates a vacuum in the destination container and pulls the wine through he hoses without ever contacting it. I don't have one and don't need one for my small scale wine making but I recognize that it's a great tool for those doing larger or lots of wine batches.
Got it. I understand now. I am at about the same stage of wine making as Scooter but it still looks like a good investment even for 12 - 18 gallons of juice.

If you have any questions - please do not hesitate to PM me - I can tell you all the differences between the 2 , there are many. Each one has it own characteristic abilities

How does the all in one wine pump differ from a transfer pump? You can connect a filter on a transfer pump. I don't get the whole vacuum concept of the all in one pump.
I must really be getting old why does everything get so complicated i use a piece of 1/4inch plastic tube and let gravity do the rest.

I must really be getting old why does everything get so complicated i use a piece of 1/4inch plastic tube and let gravity do the rest.

Actually, when you really do get old, you will WANT the all in one (so that you won't need to lift those heavy carboys!).

I don't have one and don't need one for my small scale wine making but I recognize that it's a great tool for those doing larger or lots of wine batches.

I wouldn't say I do a lot of wine making a year... maybe 72 gallons max. The AIO is my favorite piece of equipment in the cellar.

I wouldn't say I do a lot of wine making a year... maybe 72 gallons max. The AIO is my favorite piece of equipment in the cellar.

Changing the subject a bit. 72 gallons or so a year, that's a lot of wine. I did 75 this (my first year) but more then likely cutting back to 50 to 60 or maybe not. Getting back to the topic, I did request an AIO for Christmas too many people swear by it..

Changing the subject a bit. 72 gallons or so a year, that's a lot of wine.

I guess the phrase "a lot" is subjective... like saying a redwood tree is really old... But, not when you compare it to a mountain. Lots of folks push the two hundred gallon limit.

I don't know where I'd draw the line on gallons per year to justify a purchase. But, I can't imagine going back to the old way I moved wine.

I personally like the bottling the best. There is no more leaning over, cleaning bottles afterwards, consistent liquid level heights.

The biggest thing is I stand while bottling and no more back pain the next day !!

I personally like the bottling the best. There is no more leaning over, cleaning bottles afterwards, consistent liquid level heights.

The biggest thing is I stand while bottling and no more back pain the next day !!

Exactly. Bottling is the bomb (no pun intended) .

With the valve that slows the flow rate down to stop the foam I can fill a bottle, start the next and cork the first.

The all-in-one is a great tool to have. Being disabled I don't need to have my wife or care attendants lift the carboys for me. Plus you can use it for plastic carboys as well which I have several

Latest posts

Back