Transfer and separate from skins out of a large fermentor

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Univox360

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about 200L of wine finishing up in a 300L marchisio tank. I don’t want to press, just want free run juice. But how to separate from skins and transfer the wine without a press? Has anyone done this before?

I was looking at a perforated suction tube, but that is quite expensive. Also, not sure my transfer pump is up to the task. Has anyone used this before?

https://morewinemaking.com/products/perforated-suction-tube.html
I tried using gravity and a large vinyl tube at the outlet with a stainless steel kitchen strainer into another container. Wine came fast with gravity but I controlled with the valve. Perhaps my strainer was too fine but that would have taken forever to transfer as true strainer quickly clogged and it exposed the wine to a lot of oxygen.

I can just borrow a basket press from my friend, but was hoping for a solution without pressing etc.

Thanks!

Check out the "Free Run Tube" that Steve sells at Allinonewinepump. Bought one 2 wks ago for use in this year's fermentation but haven't had a chance to use it yet; sure it will work fine. Give Steve a call and discuss. He's a top notch guy to do business with and his customer service is beyond comparison.

Latest posts

Back