traditional vs country,

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to be a growing trend in areas not known for Vinifera wines. Looking at wineries in southern and eastern North Carolina, I see a large number produce fruit and grape/fruit blended wines. I haven't checked, but I suspect this is far less likely in Napa Valley.

We have a prominent wine growing area an hour south of here; a few years ago a guy opened up a meadery/cider house/Country winery under one roof as a way to stand out and offer something new and unique from his competitors. He launched with just mead,and only now is starting to sell ciders,but so far no country wines for public consumption yet

Arne-I'm in the process of renovating the house we bought. We bought it knowing we would be doing some updating, but we didn't realize just how extensive it was going to be. As soon as we are done with that and moved in I will be starting on the yard, garden and vineyard. Maybe THEN I could take you up on that offer.
They will still be around next year and the years after that, I imagine. Keep it in mind, the offer stands. Arne.

Latest posts

Back